The Robbins Farm Garden is a resource for teaching both children and adults about growing your own food and working together as a community. Here are some of the learning opportunities:
- Weekly tours of the garden during regular gardening hours, answering questions, etc..
- Ongoing online journal, chronicling our progress and activities at the garden.
- Yearly online Crops List, with information on varieties, planting and harvesting dates, etc..
- Garden signage marking each crop, visible from inside or outside the garden.
- Yearly online Garden Plans, showing location and groupings of specific crops.
- Coordination with seasonal activities at Robbins Farm Park, such as Field Day, clean-up days, concerts and movie nights.
- Cooperation with Arlington's many related activties and groups, such as Town Day, the annual EcoFest, the Arlington Historical Society, the Brackett School Green Initiative Group, the Arlington Garden Club and the Menotomy Gardeners email list.
- Outreach on the heritage of "the commons" - use of public space for "victory gardens" or "allotment gardens," etc.